• Glance Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A sudden flash of light or splendor.
- (n.) A quick cast of the eyes; a quick or a casual look; a swift survey; a glimpse.
- (v. i.) To strike and fly off in an oblique direction; to dart aside. "Your arrow hath glanced".
- (v. i.) To look with a sudden, rapid cast of the eye; to snatch a momentary or hasty view.
- (v. i.) To move quickly, appearing and disappearing rapidly; to be visible only for an instant at a time; to move interruptedly; to twinkle.
- (v. t.) To shoot or dart suddenly or obliquely; to cast for a moment; as, to glance the eye.
- (n.) An incidental or passing thought or allusion.
- (v. i.) To shoot or emit a flash of light; to shine; to flash.
- (n.) A name given to some sulphides, mostly dark-colored, which have a brilliant metallic luster, as the sulphide of copper, called copper glance.
- (v. t.) To hint at; to touch lightly or briefly.
- (v. i.) To make an incidental or passing reflection; to allude; to hint; -- often with at.
• Glanced Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Glance