• Glut Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A piece of wood used to fill up behind cribbing or tubbing.
- (v. t.) To fill to satiety; to satisfy fully the desire or craving of; to satiate; to sate; to cloy.
- (n.) A block used for a fulcrum.
- (n.) A bat, or small piece of brick, used to fill out a course.
- (n.) An arched opening to the ashpit of a klin.
- (v. i.) To eat gluttonously or to satiety.
- (n.) Something that fills up an opening; a clog.
- (v. t.) To swallow, or to swallow greedlly; to gorge.
- (n.) That which is swallowed.
- (n.) The broad-nosed eel (Anguilla latirostris), found in Europe, Asia, the West Indies, etc.
- (n.) Plenty, to satiety or repletion; a full supply; hence, often, a supply beyond sufficiency or to loathing; over abundance; as, a glut of the market.
- (n.) A wooden wedge used in splitting blocks.
• Glutaconic Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Pertaining to, or derived from, an acid intermediate between glutaric and aconitic acids.
• Glutaric Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of, pertaining to, or designating, an acid so called; as, glutaric ethers.