• Gopher Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A large land tortoise (Testudo Carilina) of the Southern United States, which makes extensive burrows.
- (n.) One of several western American species of the genus Spermophilus, of the family Sciuridae; as, the gray gopher (Spermophilus Franklini) and the striped gopher (S. tridecemlineatus); -- called also striped prairie squirrel, leopard marmot, and leopard spermophile. See Spermophile.
- (n.) One of several North American burrowing rodents of the genera Geomys and Thomomys, of the family Geomyidae; -- called also pocket gopher and pouched rat. See Pocket gopher, and Tucan.
- (n.) A large burrowing snake (Spilotes Couperi) of the Southern United States.
• Gopher wood Definition & Synonyms
- () A species of wood used in the construction of Noahs ark.