• Gorging Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Gorge
• Gorge Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To glut; to fill up to the throat; to satiate.
- (n.) The throat; the gullet; the canal by which food passes to the stomach.
- (v. i.) To eat greedily and to satiety.
- (n.) The groove of a pulley.
- (n.) The entrance into a bastion or other outwork of a fort; -- usually synonymous with rear. See Illust. of Bastion.
- (n.) A concave molding; a cavetto.
- (n.) A defile between mountains.
- (n.) To swallow; especially, to swallow with greediness, or in large mouthfuls or quantities.
- (n.) A filling or choking of a passage or channel by an obstruction; as, an ice gorge in a river.
- (n.) A narrow passage or entrance
- (n.) That which is gorged or swallowed, especially by a hawk or other fowl.
- (n.) A primitive device used instead of a fishhook, consisting of an object easy to be swallowed but difficult to be ejected or loosened, as a piece of bone or stone pointed at each end and attached in the middle to a line.