• Gourd Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A false die. See Gord.
- (n.) A dipper or other vessel made from the shell of a gourd; hence, a drinking vessel; a bottle.
- (n.) Alt. of Gourde
- (n.) A fleshy, three-celled, many-seeded fruit, as the melon, pumpkin, cucumber, etc., of the order Cucurbitaceae; and especially the bottle gourd (Lagenaria vulgaris) which occurs in a great variety of forms, and, when the interior part is removed, serves for bottles, dippers, cups, and other dishes.
• Gour Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) See Koulan.
- (n.) A fire worshiper; a Gheber or Gueber.
• Gourdiness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state of being gourdy.
• Gourd tree Definition & Synonyms
- () A tree (the Crescentia Cujete, or calabash tree) of the West Indies and Central America.