• Gown Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any sort of dress or garb.
- (n.) The ordinary outer dress of a woman; as, a calico or silk gown.
- (n.) A loose, flowing upper garment
- (n.) A loose wrapper worn by gentlemen within doors; a dressing gown.
- (n.) The official robe of certain professional men and scholars, as university students and officers, barristers, judges, etc.; hence, the dress of peace; the dress of civil officers, in distinction from military.
• Gowned Definition & Synonyms
- (p. a.) Dressed in a gown; clad.