• Gradient Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Adapted for walking, as the feet of certain birds.
- (a.) Rising or descending by regular degrees of inclination; as, the gradient line of a railroad.
- (n.) The rate of regular or graded ascent or descent in a road; grade.
- (n.) A part of a road which slopes upward or downward; a portion of a way not level; a grade.
- (a.) Moving by steps; walking; as, gradient automata.
- (n.) The rate of increase or decrease of a variable magnitude, or the curve which represents it; as, a thermometric gradient.