• Graf Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A German title of nobility, equivalent to earl in English, or count in French. See Earl.
• Graft Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To cover, as a ring bolt, block strap, splicing, etc., with a weaving of small cord or rope-yarns.
- (n.) To implant a portion of (living flesh or akin) in a lesion so as to form an organic union.
- (n.) To insert (a graft) in a branch or stem of another tree; to propagate by insertion in another stock; also, to insert a graft upon.
- (n.) A small shoot or scion of a tree inserted in another tree, the stock of which is to support and nourish it. The two unite and become one tree, but the graft determines the kind of fruit.
- (n.) A portion of living tissue used in the operation of autoplasty.
- (n.) A branch or portion of a tree growing from such a shoot.
- (v. i.) To insert scions from one tree, or kind of tree, etc., into another; to practice grafting.
- (n.) To join (one thing) to another as if by grafting, so as to bring about a close union.
- (n.) A "soft thing" or "easy thing;" a "snap."
- (n.) Acquisition of money, position, etc., by dishonest or unjust means, as by actual theft or by taking advantage of a public office or any position of trust or employment to obtain fees, perquisites, profits on contracts, legislation, pay for work not done or service not performed, etc.; illegal or unfair practice for profit or personal advantage; also, anything thus gained.
• Graff Definition & Synonyms
- (n. & v.) See Graft.
- (n.) A steward; an overseer.