• Granted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Grant
• Grant Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) The yielding or admission of something in dispute.
- (v. i.) To assent; to consent.
- (v. t.) A transfer of property by deed or writing; especially, au appropriation or conveyance made by the government; as, a grant of land or of money; also, the deed or writing by which the transfer is made.
- (v. t.) The act of granting; a bestowing or conferring; concession; allowance; permission.
- (v. t.) To admit as true what is not yet satisfactorily proved; to yield belief to; to allow; to yield; to concede.
- (v. t.) To bestow or confer, with or without compensation, particularly in answer to prayer or request; to give.
- (v. t.) The thing or property granted; a gift; a boon.
- (v. t.) To give over; to make conveyance of; to give the possession or title of; to convey; -- usually in answer to petition.