• Graveled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Gravel
• Gravel Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To check or stop; to embarrass; to perplex.
- (v. t.) To hurt or lame (a horse) by gravel lodged between the shoe and foot.
- (n.) A deposit of small calculous concretions in the kidneys and the urinary or gall bladder; also, the disease of which they are a symptom.
- (v. t.) To cover with gravel; as, to gravel a walk.
- (n.) Small stones, or fragments of stone; very small pebbles, often intermixed with particles of sand.
- (v. t.) To run (as a ship) upon the gravel or beach; to run aground; to cause to stick fast in gravel or sand.