• Gravities Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Gravity
• Gravity Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Sobriety of character or demeanor.
- (a.) The state of having weight; beaviness; as, the gravity of lead.
- (a.) Lowness of tone; -- opposed to acuteness.
- (a.) The tendency of a mass of matter toward a center of attraction; esp., the tendency of a body toward the center of the earth; terrestrial gravitation.
- (a.) Importance, significance, dignity, etc; hence, seriousness; enormity; as, the gravity of an offense.