• Grease Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To smear, anoint, or daub, with grease or fat; to lubricate; as, to grease the wheels of a wagon.
- (v. t.) To bribe; to corrupt with presents.
- (n.) An inflammation of a horses heels, suspending the ordinary greasy secretion of the part, and producing dryness and scurfiness, followed by cracks, ulceration, and fungous excrescences.
- (n.) Animal fat, as tallow or lard, especially when in a soft state; oily or unctuous matter of any kind.
- (v. t.) To affect (a horse) with grease, the disease.
- (v. t.) To cheat or cozen; to overreach.
• Greaser Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A nickname sometimes applied in contempt to a Mexican of the lowest type.
- (n.) One who, or that which, greases; specifically, a person employed to lubricate the working parts of machinery, engines, carriages, etc.