• Grow Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To increase in size by a natural and organic process; to increase in bulk by the gradual assimilation of new matter into the living organism; -- said of animals and vegetables and their organs.
- (v. i.) To become attached of fixed; to adhere.
- (v. i.) To pass from one state to another; to result as an effect from a cause; to become; as, to grow pale.
- (v. t.) To cause to grow; to cultivate; to produce; as, to grow a crop; to grow wheat, hops, or tobacco.
- (v. i.) To spring up and come to matturity in a natural way; to be produced by vegetation; to thrive; to flourish; as, rice grows in warm countries.
- (v. i.) To increase in any way; to become larger and stronger; to be augmented; to advance; to extend; to wax; to accrue.
• Grown Definition & Synonyms
- () p. p. of Grow.
- (p. p.) of Grow
• Growth Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which has grown or is growing; anything produced; product; consequence; effect; result.
- (n.) The process of growing; the gradual increase of an animal or a vegetable body; the development from a seed, germ, or root, to full size or maturity; increase in size, number, frequency, strength, etc.; augmentation; advancement; production; prevalence or influence; as, the growth of trade; the growth of power; the growth of intemperance. Idle weeds are fast in growth.