• Growing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Grow
• Grow Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To increase in size by a natural and organic process; to increase in bulk by the gradual assimilation of new matter into the living organism; -- said of animals and vegetables and their organs.
- (v. i.) To become attached of fixed; to adhere.
- (v. i.) To pass from one state to another; to result as an effect from a cause; to become; as, to grow pale.
- (v. t.) To cause to grow; to cultivate; to produce; as, to grow a crop; to grow wheat, hops, or tobacco.
- (v. i.) To spring up and come to matturity in a natural way; to be produced by vegetation; to thrive; to flourish; as, rice grows in warm countries.
- (v. i.) To increase in any way; to become larger and stronger; to be augmented; to advance; to extend; to wax; to accrue.