• Guessed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Guess
• Guess Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To think; to suppose; to believe; to imagine; -- followed by an objective clause.
- (v. t.) To hit upon or reproduce by memory.
- (n.) An opinion as to anything, formed without sufficient or decisive evidence or grounds; an attempt to hit upon the truth by a random judgment; a conjecture; a surmise.
- (v. t.) To judge or form an opinion of, from reasons that seem preponderating, but are not decisive.
- (v. i.) To make a guess or random judgment; to conjecture; -- with at, about, etc.
- (v. t.) To solve by a correct conjecture; to conjecture rightly; as, he who guesses the riddle shall have the ring; he has guessed my designs.
- (v. t.) To form an opinion concerning, without knowledge or means of knowledge; to judge of at random; to conjecture.