• Guid Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A flower. See Gold.
• Guide rope Definition & Synonyms
- () A rope hung from a balloon or dirigible so as trail along the ground for about half its length, used to preserve altitude automatically, by variation of the length dragging on the ground, without loss of ballast or gas.
• Guidon Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A small flag or streamer, as that carried by cavalry, which is broad at one end and nearly pointed at the other, or that used to direct the movements of a body of infantry, or to make signals at sea; also, the flag of a guild or fraternity. In the United States service, each company of cavalry has a guidon.
- (v. t.) One of a community established at Rome, by Charlemagne, to guide pilgrims to the Holy Land.
- (v. t.) One who carries a flag.
• Guided Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Guide