• Guilding Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Gold in leaf, powder, or liquid, for application to any surface.
- (n.) Any superficial coating or appearance, as opposed to what is solid and genuine.
- (n.) The art or practice of overlaying or covering with gold leaf; also, a thin coating or wash of gold, or of that which resembles gold.
• Guild Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) An association of men belonging to the same class, or engaged in kindred pursuits, formed for mutual aid and protection; a business fraternity or corporation; as, the Stationers Guild; the Ironmongers Guild. They were originally licensed by the government, and endowed with special privileges and authority.
- (v. t.) A guildhall.
- (v. t.) A religious association or society, organized for charitable purposes or for assistance in parish work.