• Gush Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To make a sentimental or untimely exhibition of affection; to display enthusiasm in a silly, demonstrative manner.
- (v. i.) To issue with violence and rapidity, as a fluid; to rush forth as a fluid from confinement; to flow copiously.
- (v. t.) A sudden and violent issue of a fluid from an inclosed plase; an emission of a liquid in a large quantity, and with force; the fluid thus emitted; a rapid outpouring of anything; as, a gush of song from a bird.
- (v. t.) A sentimental exhibition of affection or enthusiasm, etc.; effusive display of sentiment.
• Gusher Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who gushes.
• Gushingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) Weakly; sentimentally; effusively.
- (adv.) In a gushing manner; copiously.