• Gypsy Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of a vagabond race, whose tribes, coming originally from India, entered Europe in 14th or 15th centry, and are now scattered over Turkey, Russia, Hungary, Spain, England, etc., living by theft, fortune telling, horsejockeying, tinkering, etc. Cf. Bohemian, Romany.
- (n.) A cunning or crafty person
- (n.) A dark-complexioned person.
- (v. i.) To play the gypsy; to picnic in the woods.
- (a.) Pertaining to, or suitable for, gypsies.
- (n.) The language used by the gypsies.
- () Alt. of Gipsy, moth
• Gypsywort Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A labiate plant (the Lycopus Europaeus). Gypsies are said to stain their skin with its juice.
• Gypsyism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state of a gypsy.
- (n.) The arts and practices or habits of gypsies; deception; cheating; flattery.