• Habit Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To inhabit.
- (n.) To dress; to clothe; to array.
- (n.) To accustom; to habituate. [Obs.] Chapman.
- (n.) The usual condition or state of a person or thing, either natural or acquired, regarded as something had, possessed, and firmly retained; as, a religious habit; his habit is morose; elms have a spreading habit; esp., physical temperament or constitution; as, a full habit of body.
- (n.) Outward appearance; attire; dress; hence, a garment; esp., a closely fitting garment or dress worn by ladies; as, a riding habit.
- (n.) The general appearance and manner of life of a living organism.
- (n.) Fixed or established custom; ordinary course of conduct; practice; usage; hence, prominently, the involuntary tendency or aptitude to perform certain actions which is acquired by their frequent repetition; as, habit is second nature; also, peculiar ways of acting; characteristic forms of behavior.
• Habitable Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Capable of being inhabited; that may be inhabited or dwelt in; as, the habitable world.
• Habiting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Habit