• Hackled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Hackle
• Hackle Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any flimsy substance unspun, as raw silk.
- (v. t.) To separate, as the coarse part of flax or hemp from the fine, by drawing it through the teeth of a hackle or hatchel.
- (n.) A comb for dressing flax, raw silk, etc.; a hatchel.
- (v. t.) To tear asunder; to break in pieces.
- (n.) One of the peculiar, long, narrow feathers on the neck of fowls, most noticeable on the cock, -- often used in making artificial flies; hence, any feather so used.
- (n.) An artificial fly for angling, made of feathers.