• Hair Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A haircloth.
- (n.) A slender outgrowth from the chitinous cuticle of insects, spiders, crustaceans, and other invertebrates. Such hairs are totally unlike those of vertebrates in structure, composition, and mode of growth.
- (n.) One the above-mentioned filaments, consisting, in invertebrate animals, of a long, tubular part which is free and flexible, and a bulbous root imbedded in the skin.
- (n.) Hair (human or animal) used for various purposes; as, hair for stuffing cushions.
- (n.) The collection or mass of filaments growing from the skin of an animal, and forming a covering for a part of the head or for any part or the whole of the body.
- (n.) Any very small distance, or degree; a hairbreadth.
- (n.) A spring device used in a hair-trigger firearm.
- (n.) An outgrowth of the epidermis, consisting of one or of several cells, whether pointed, hooked, knobbed, or stellated. Internal hairs occur in the flower stalk of the yellow frog lily (Nuphar).
• Hairsbreadth Definition & Synonyms
- () The diameter or breadth of a hair; a very small distance; sometimes, definitely, the forty-eighth part of an inch.
• Hair-brown Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of a clear tint of brown, resembling brown human hair. It is composed of equal proportions of red and green.