• Halted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Halt
• Halt Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To hold ones self from proceeding; to hold up; to cease progress; to stop for a longer or shorter period; to come to a stop; to stand still.
- (n.) The act of limping; lameness.
- (v. i.) To stand in doubt whether to proceed, or what to do; to hesitate; to be uncertain.
- (a.) To have an irregular rhythm; to be defective.
- (a.) To walk lamely; to limp.
- (v. t.) To cause to cease marching; to stop; as, the general halted his troops for refreshment.
- (a.) Halting or stopping in walking; lame.
- () 3d pers. sing. pres. of Hold, contraction for holdeth.
- (n.) A stop in marching or walking, or in any action; arrest of progress.