• Handling Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) The mode of using the pencil or brush, etc.; style of touch.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Handle
- (n.) A touching, controlling, managing, using, etc., with the hand or hands, or as with the hands. See Handle, v. t.
• Handle Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To touch; to feel with the hand; to use or hold with the hand.
- (v. t.) To treat; to use, well or ill.
- (v. t.) To manage in using, as a spade or a musket; to wield; often, to manage skillfully.
- (v. t.) To deal with; to make a business of.
- (v. t.) To use or manage in writing or speaking; to treat, as a theme, an argument, or an objection.
- (v. t.) To accustom to the hand; to work upon, or take care of, with the hands.
- (n.) That of which use is made; the instrument for effecting a purpose; a tool.
- (v. i.) To use the hands.
- (v. t.) To receive and transfer; to have pass through ones hands; hence, to buy and sell; as, a merchant handles a variety of goods, or a large stock.
- (n.) That part of vessels, instruments, etc., which is held in the hand when used or moved, as the haft of a sword, the knob of a door, the bail of a kettle, etc.
- (v. t.) To manage; to control; to practice skill upon.