• Hank Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To form into hanks.
- (n.) A rope or withe for fastening a gate.
- (n.) Hold; influence.
- (n.) A ring or eye of rope, wood, or iron, attached to the edge of a sail and running on a stay.
- (n.) A parcel consisting of two or more skeins of yarn or thread tied together.
- (v. t.) To fasten with a rope, as a gate.
- (n.) A throw in which a wrestler turns his left side to his opponent, twines his left leg about his opponents right leg from the inside, and throws him backward.
• Hankering Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Hanker