• Harmonica Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A musical instrument, consisting of a series of hemispherical glasses which, by touching the edges with the dampened finger, give forth the tones.
- (n.) A toy instrument of strips of glass or metal hung on two tapes, and struck with hammers.
• Harmonical Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Concordant; musical; consonant; as, harmonic sounds.
- (a.) Relating to harmony, -- as melodic relates to melody; harmonious; esp., relating to the accessory sounds or overtones which accompany the predominant and apparent single tone of any string or sonorous body.
- (a.) Having relations or properties bearing some resemblance to those of musical consonances; -- said of certain numbers, ratios, proportions, points, lines. motions, and the like.