• Harp Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To play on the harp.
- (n.) A grain sieve.
- (n.) To dwell on or recur to a subject tediously or monotonously in speaking or in writing; to refer to something repeatedly or continually; -- usually with on or upon.
- (v. t.) To play on, as a harp; to play (a tune) on the harp; to develop or give expression to by skill and art; to sound forth as from a harp; to hit upon.
- (n.) A constellation; Lyra, or the Lyre.
- (n.) A musical instrument consisting of a triangular frame furnished with strings and sometimes with pedals, held upright, and played with the fingers.
• Harpings Definition & Synonyms
- (n. pl.) The fore parts of the wales, which encompass the bow of a vessel, and are fastened to the stem.
• Harpoon Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To strike, catch, or kill with a harpoon.
- (n.) A spear or javelin used to strike and kill large fish, as whales; a harping iron. It consists of a long shank, with a broad, fiat, triangular head, sharpened at both edges, and is thrown by hand, or discharged from a gun.