• Harpies Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Harpy
• Harpy Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who is rapacious or ravenous; an extortioner.
- (n.) A large and powerful, double-crested, short-winged American eagle (Thrasaetus harpyia). It ranges from Texas to Brazil.
- (n.) The European moor buzzard or marsh harrier (Circus aeruginosus).
- (n.) A fabulous winged monster, ravenous and filthy, having the face of a woman and the body of a vulture, with long claws, and the face pale with hunger. Some writers mention two, others three.