• Harrow Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To break or tear, as with a harrow; to wound; to lacerate; to torment or distress; to vex.
- (n.) An implement of agriculture, usually formed of pieces of timber or metal crossing each other, and set with iron or wooden teeth. It is drawn over plowed land to level it and break the clods, to stir the soil and make it fine, or to cover seed when sown.
- (n.) To draw a harrow over, as for the purpose of breaking clods and leveling the surface, or for covering seed; as, to harrow land.
- (interj.) Help! Halloo! An exclamation of distress; a call for succor;-the ancient Norman hue and cry.
- (v. t.) To pillage; to harry; to oppress.
- (n.) An obstacle formed by turning an ordinary harrow upside down, the frame being buried.
• Harrowed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Harrow