• Hated Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Hate
• hat Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A covering for the head; esp., one with a crown and brim, made of various materials, and worn by men or women for protecting the head from the sun or weather, or for ornament.
- () sing. pres. of Hote to be called. Cf.
- (a.) Hot.
- () A cap or hat worn by officers or enlisted men when full-dress uniform, or dress uniform, is not worn.
• Hate Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To love less, relatively.
- (n.) To have a great aversion to, with a strong desire that evil should befall the person toward whom the feeling is directed; to dislike intensely; to detest; as, to hate ones enemies; to hate hypocrisy.
- (v.) Strong aversion coupled with desire that evil should befall the person toward whom the feeling is directed; as exercised toward things, intense dislike; hatred; detestation; -- opposed to love.
- (n.) To be very unwilling; followed by an infinitive, or a substantive clause with that; as, to hate to get into debt; to hate that anything should be wasted.