• Have Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To hold, regard, or esteem.
- (v. t.) To put in an awkward position; to have the advantage of; as, that is where he had him.
- (v. t.) To understand.
- (v. t.) To take or hold (ones self); to proceed promptly; -- used reflexively, often with ellipsis of the pronoun; as, to have after one; to have at one or at a thing, i. e., to aim at one or at a thing; to attack; to have with a companion.
- (v. t.) To bear, as young; as, she has just had a child.
- (Indic. present) of Have
- (v. t.) To cause or procure to be; to effect; to exact; to desire; to require.
- (v. t.) To cause or force to go; to take.
- (v. t.) To get possession of; to obtain; to get.
- (v. t.) To possess, as something which appertains to, is connected with, or affects, one.
- (v. t.) To hold in possession or control; to own; as, he has a farm.
- (v. t.) To accept possession of; to take or accept.
- () of Have
- (v. t.) To be under necessity or obligation; to be compelled; followed by an infinitive.
• Haver Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To maunder; to talk foolishly; to chatter.
- (n.) A possessor; a holder.
- (n.) The oat; oats.
• Haversack Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A bag or case, usually of stout cloth, in which a soldier carries his rations when on a march; -- distinguished from knapsack.
- (n.) A gunners case or bag used carry cartridges from the ammunition chest to the piece in loading.
- (n.) A bag for oats or oatmeal.