• Hay Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To lay snares for rabbits.
- (n.) Grass cut and cured for fodder.
- (n.) A net set around the haunt of an animal, especially of a rabbit.
- (n.) A hedge.
- (v. i.) To cut and cure grass for hay.
• Haye Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The Egyptian asp or cobra (Naja haje.) It is related to the cobra of India, and like the latter has the power of inflating its neck into a hood. Its bite is very venomous. It is supposed to be the snake by means of whose bite Cleopatra committed suicide, and hence is sometimes called Cleopatras snake or asp. See Asp.
• Hayrick Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A heap or pile of hay, usually covered with thatch for preservation in the open air.