• Hazard Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Holing a ball, whether the object ball (winning hazard) or the players ball (losing hazard).
- (n.) To venture to incur, or bring on.
- (n.) Risk; danger; peril; as, he encountered the enemy at the hazard of his reputation and life.
- (v. i.) To try the chance; to encounter risk or danger.
- (n.) The uncertain result of throwing a die; hence, a fortuitous event; chance; accident; casualty.
- (n.) To expose to the operation of chance; to put in danger of loss or injury; to venture; to risk.
- (n.) Anything that is hazarded or risked, as the stakes in gaming.
- (n.) A game of chance played with dice.
- (n.) Any place into which the ball may not be safely played, such as bunkers, furze, water, sand, or other kind of bad ground.
• Hazarder Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A player at the game of hazard; a gamester.
- (n.) One who hazards or ventures.
• Hazardry Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Rashness; temerity.
- (n.) Playing at hazard; gaming; gambling.
• Hazarding Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. /) of Hazard