• Hazed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Haze
• Haze Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Light vapor or smoke in the air which more or less impedes vision, with little or no dampness; a lack of transparency in the air; hence, figuratively, obscurity; dimness.
- (v. t.) To harass or annoy by playing abusive or shameful tricks upon; to humiliate by practical jokes; -- used esp. of college students; as, the sophomores hazed a freshman.
- (v. t.) To harass by exacting unnecessary, disagreeable, or difficult work.
- (v. i.) To be hazy, or tick with haze.