• Heal Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) Health.
- (v. t.) To make hale, sound, or whole; to cure of a disease, wound, or other derangement; to restore to soundness or health.
- (v. i.) To grow sound; to return to a sound state; as, the limb heals, or the wound heals; -- sometimes with up or over; as, it will heal up, or over.
- (v. t.) To restore to original purity or integrity.
- (v. t.) To remove or subdue; to cause to pass away; to cure; -- said of a disease or a wound.
- (v. t.) To reconcile, as a breach or difference; to make whole; to free from guilt; as, to heal dissensions.
- (v. t.) To cover, as a roof, with tiles, slate, lead, or the like.
• Healed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Heal
• Healthiness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state of being healthy or healthful; freedom from disease.