• Heap Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To collect in great quantity; to amass; to lay up; to accumulate; -- usually with up; as, to heap up treasures.
- (n.) A crowd; a throng; a multitude or great number of persons.
- (v. t.) To form or round into a heap, as in measuring; to fill (a measure) more than even full.
- (v. t.) To throw or lay in a heap; to make a heap of; to pile; as, to heap stones; -- often with up; as, to heap up earth; or with on; as, to heap on wood or coal.
- (n.) A great number or large quantity of things not placed in a pile.
- (n.) A pile or mass; a collection of things laid in a body, or thrown together so as to form an elevation; as, a heap of earth or stones.
• Heaping Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Heap
• Heaper Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who heaps, piles, or amasses.