• Heaven Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To place in happiness or bliss, as if in heaven; to beatify.
- (n.) The expanse of space surrounding the earth; esp., that which seems to be over the earth like a great arch or dome; the firmament; the sky; the place where the sun, moon, and stars appear; -- often used in the plural in this sense.
- (n.) Any place of supreme happiness or great comfort; perfect felicity; bliss; a sublime or exalted condition; as, a heaven of delight.
- (n.) The sovereign of heaven; God; also, the assembly of the blessed, collectively; -- used variously in this sense, as in No. 2.
- (n.) The dwelling place of the Deity; the abode of bliss; the place or state of the blessed after death.
• Heavened Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Heaven
• Heavenly Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Appropriate to heaven in character or happiness; perfect; pure; supremely blessed; as, a heavenly race; the heavenly, throng.
- (a.) Pertaining to, resembling, or inhabiting heaven; celestial; not earthly; as, heavenly regions; heavenly music.
- (adv.) In a manner resembling that of heaven.
- (adv.) By the influence or agency of heaven.