• Height Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Elevation in excellence of any kind, as in power, learning, arts; also, an advanced degree of social rank; preeminence or distinction in society; prominence.
- (n.) Progress toward eminence; grade; degree.
- (n.) That which is elevated; an eminence; a hill or mountain; as, Alpine heights.
- (n.) Utmost degree in extent; extreme limit of energy or condition; as, the height of a fever, of passion, of madness, of folly; the height of a tempest.
- (n.) The distance to which anything rises above its foot, above that on which in stands, above the earth, or above the level of the sea; altitude; the measure upward from a surface, as the floor or the ground, of animal, especially of a man; stature.
- (n.) The condition of being high; elevated position.
- (n.) Degree of latitude either north or south.
• Heightening Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Heighten
• Heightener Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who, or that which, heightens.