• Hind Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A spotted food fish of the genus Epinephelus, as E. apua of Bermuda, and E. Drummond-hayi of Florida; -- called also coney, John Paw, spotted hind.
- (n.) A peasant; a rustic; a farm servant.
- (n.) A domestic; a servant.
- (a.) In the rear; -- opposed to front; of or pertaining to the part or end which follows or is behind, in opposition to the part which leads or is before; as, the hind legs or hind feet of a quadruped; the hind man in a procession.
- (n.) The female of the red deer, of which the male is the stag.
• Hin Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A Hebrew measure of liquids, containing three quarts, one pint, one gill, English measure.
• Hinderance Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Same as Hindrance.
• Hindleys screw Definition & Synonyms
- () A screw cut on a solid whose sides are arcs of the periphery of a wheel into the teeth of which the screw is intended to work. It is named from the person who first used the form.