• Hindered Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Hinder
• Hinder Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To interpose obstacles or impediments; to be a hindrance.
- (a.) Of or belonging to that part or end which is in the rear, or which follows; as, the hinder part of a wagon; the hinder parts of a horse.
- (a.) To prevent or embarrass; to debar; to shut out.
- (a.) To keep back or behind; to prevent from starting or moving forward; to check; to retard; to obstruct; to bring to a full stop; -- often followed by from; as, an accident hindered the coach; drought hinders the growth of plants; to hinder me from going.