• Hoarding Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Hoard
- (n.) A screen of boards inclosing a house and materials while builders are at work.
- (n.) A fence, barrier, or cover, inclosing, surrounding, or concealing something.
• Hoard Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A store, stock, or quantity of anything accumulated or laid up; a hidden supply; a treasure; as, a hoard of provisions; a hoard of money.
- (v. i.) To lay up a store or hoard, as of money.
- (n.) See Hoarding, 2.
- (v. t.) To collect and lay up; to amass and deposit in secret; to store secretly, or for the sake of keeping and accumulating; as, to hoard grain.