• Hobble Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An unequal gait; a limp; a halt; as, he has a hobble in his gait.
- (n.) Same as Hopple.
- (v. t.) To fetter by tying the legs; to hopple; to clog.
- (v. t.) To perplex; to embarrass.
- (n.) Difficulty; perplexity; embarrassment.
- (n. i.) To move roughly or irregularly; -- said of style in writing.
- (n. i.) To walk lame, bearing chiefly on one leg; to walk with a hitch or hop, or with crutches.
• Hobblebush Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A low bush (Viburnum lantanoides) having long, straggling branches and handsome flowers. It is found in the Northern United States. Called also shinhopple.
• Hobble skirt Definition & Synonyms
- () A womans skirt so scant at the bottom as to restrain freedom of movement after the fashion of a hobble.