• Hog Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A device for mixing and stirring the pulp of which paper is made.
- (n.) A rough, flat scrubbing broom for scrubbing a ships bottom under water.
- (n.) A quadruped of the genus Sus, and allied genera of Suidae; esp., the domesticated varieties of S. scrofa, kept for their fat and meat, called, respectively, lard and pork; swine; porker; specifically, a castrated boar; a barrow.
- (n.) A mean, filthy, or gluttonous fellow.
- (n.) A young sheep that has not been shorn.
- (v. t.) To scrub with a hog, or scrubbing broom.
- (v. t.) To cut short like bristles; as, to hog the mane of a horse.
- (v. i.) To become bent upward in the middle, like a hogs back; -- said of a ship broken or strained so as to have this form.
• Hoggerpipe Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The upper terminal pipe of a mining pump.
• Hogmanay Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The old name, in Scotland, for the last day of the year, on which children go about singing, and receive a dole of bread or cakes; also, the entertainment given on that day to a visitor, or the gift given to an applicant.