• Hole Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A hollow place or cavity; an excavation; a pit; an opening in or through a solid body, a fabric, etc.; a perforation; a rent; a fissure.
- (a.) Whole.
- (n.) To drive into a hole, as an animal, or a billiard ball.
- (n.) An excavation in the ground, made by an animal to live in, or a natural cavity inhabited by an animal; hence, a low, narrow, or dark lodging or place; a mean habitation.
- (n.) To cut, dig, or bore a hole or holes in; as, to hole a post for the insertion of rails or bars.
- (v. i.) To go or get into a hole.
- (n.) At Eton College, England, that part of the floor of the court between the step and the pepperbox.
- (n.) A small cavity used in some games, usually one into which a marble or ball is to be played or driven; hence, a score made by playing a marble or ball into such a hole, as in golf.
• Holethnos Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A parent stock or race of people, not yet divided into separate branches or tribes.