• Home Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Close; personal; pointed; as, a home thrust.
- (n.) The home base; he started for home.
- (n.) Ones own dwelling place; the house in which one lives; esp., the house in which one lives with his family; the habitual abode of ones family; also, ones birthplace.
- (n.) A place of refuge and rest; an asylum; as, a home for outcasts; a home for the blind; hence, esp., the grave; the final rest; also, the native and eternal dwelling place of the soul.
- (adv.) Close; closely.
- (n.) Ones native land; the place or country in which one dwells; the place where ones ancestors dwell or dwelt.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to ones dwelling or country; domestic; not foreign; as home manufactures; home comforts.
- (n.) The abiding place of the affections, especially of the domestic affections.
- (adv.) To the place where it belongs; to the end of a course; to the full length; as, to drive a nail home; to ram a cartridge home.
- (n.) See Homelyn.
- (n.) The locality where a thing is usually found, or was first found, or where it is naturally abundant; habitat; seat; as, the home of the pine.
- (adv.) To ones home or country; as in the phrases, go home, come home, carry home.
- (n.) In various games, the ultimate point aimed at in a progress; goal
- (n.) The place of a player in front of an opponents goal; also, the player.
- (n.) The plate at which the batter stands.
• Homeopath Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A practitioner of homeopathy.
• Home-speaking Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Direct, forcible, and effective speaking.