• Homely Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Belonging to, or having the characteristics of, home; domestic; familiar; intimate.
- (n.) Plain; unpretending; rude in appearance; unpolished; as, a homely garment; a homely house; homely fare; homely manners.
- (adv.) Plainly; rudely; coarsely; as, homely dressed.
- (n.) Of plain or coarse features; uncomely; -- contrary to handsome.
• Homelyn Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The European sand ray (Raia maculata); -- called also home, mirror ray, and rough ray.