• Honing Definition & Synonyms
- (p]. pr. & vb. n.) of Hone
• Hone Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A stone of a fine grit, or a slab, as of metal, covered with an abrading substance or powder, used for sharpening cutting instruments, and especially for setting razors; an oilstone.
- (v. t.) To sharpen on, or with, a hone; to rub on a hone in order to sharpen; as, to hone a razor.
- (v. i.) To pine; to lament; to long.
- (n.) A kind of swelling in the cheek.
- (v. i.) To grumble; pine; lament; long.