• Hound Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A side bar used to strengthen portions of the running gear of a vehicle.
- (v. t.) To hunt or chase with hounds, or as with hounds.
- (n.) A despicable person.
- (v. t.) To set on the chase; to incite to pursuit; as, to hounda dog at a hare; to hound on pursuers.
- (n.) A variety of the domestic dog, usually having large, drooping ears, esp. one which hunts game by scent, as the foxhound, bloodhound, deerhound, but also used for various breeds of fleet hunting dogs, as the greyhound, boarhound, etc.
- (n.) Projections at the masthead, serving as a support for the trestletrees and top to rest on.
- (n.) A houndfish.
• Hounded Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Hound
• Houndfish Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any small shark of the genus Galeus or Mustelus, of which there are several species, as the smooth houndfish (G. canis), of Europe and America; -- called also houndshark, and dogfish.