• Howl Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The protracted, mournful cry of a dog or a wolf, or other like sound.
- (v. t.) To utter with outcry.
- (n.) A prolonged cry of distress or anguish; a wail.
- (v. i.) To utter a sound expressive of distress; to cry aloud and mournfully; to lament; to wail.
- (v. i.) To make a noise resembling the cry of a wild beast.
- (v. i.) To utter a loud, protraced, mournful sound or cry, as dogs and wolves often do.
• Howler Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who howls.
- (n.) Any South American monkey of the genus Mycetes. Many species are known. They are arboreal in their habits, and are noted for the loud, discordant howling in which they indulge at night.
• Howled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Howl