• Huffed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Huff
• Huff Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A boaster; one swelled with a false opinion of his own value or importance.
- (v. t.) To swell; to enlarge; to puff up; as, huffed up with air.
- (v. i.) To bluster or swell with anger, pride, or arrogance; to storm; to take offense.
- (v. t.) To remove from the board (the piece which could have captured an opposing piece). See Huff, v. i., 3.
- (v. i.) To remove from the board a man which could have captured a piece but has not done so; -- so called because it was the habit to blow upon the piece.
- (v. i.) To enlarge; to swell up; as, bread huffs.
- (v. t.) To treat with insolence and arrogance; to chide or rebuke with insolence; to hector; to bully.
- (n.) A swell of sudden anger or arrogance; a fit of disappointment and petulance or anger; a rage.